Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- University of Malaya Research Repository is mentioned
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
provided the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- reproduced in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be harvested by robots
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities: Multidisciplinary
- University of Malaya Research Repository holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; Malay
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Submitted items are not vetted by the administrator.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- No retention period defined.
- University of Malaya Research Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- University of Malaya Research Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained transiently.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- No closure policy defined.